Upcoming Mac Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Feb 16, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Ive heard of civilization 4, call of duty 2, and quake 4 being ported to mac this upcoming year, does any1 know of any other significant titles being sent over to mac this year?

2. Marathon4ever macrumors regular

Absolutely! The most significant ones are Colin McRae Rally 2005, a sweet rally racing game, and Mythic Blades the only commercial fighting game to hit the Mac over 5 years!!!

More include Redline (racing), Enigmo 2 (physics puzzles - a la TIM), Heroes of Might and Magic V (turn-based strategy), and Unreal Tournament 2007 (FPS)

But the biggest release is definitely going to be Mythic Blades. The only other commercial fighting game I know of is The Untouchable. Fighting is a genre that is truly lacking on the Mac. Even more so than soccer games.

3. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Add Imperial Glory and Legion Arena to that. (Though I doubt UT2007 will make it to the Mac this year...the PC version isn't out for a while and Mac porting times have gone up because of having to do both PPC and x86 versions now.)

--Eric

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

5. MacMyDay macrumors regular

6. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Really? Do you have a link to the info from the porting company? I'd like to read more about that... Thanks!

7. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Watch out for Freeverse bringing Heroes of Might and Magic V although it's a little delayed following a large community movement to ensure the game will be well balanced.

http://hommv.utopos.net/about/

- Dal

8. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Wowza! Great news. I'm a big fan. I especially loved the 3rd one. 4th was average at best. Good thing the franchise didn't die with 3DO. Too bad it's not already out for the PC. I would have loved reading some reviews.

9. ibn macrumors newbie

10. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

are call of duty 2 and quake 4 the only confirmed fps games?

11. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Don't have a link offhand; it's being ported by Feral, who ports all of Lionhead's games, including Black & White 2 and The Movies (just announced). I guess those are pretty significant as well. :) (Actually, to be precise, it's a port of Fable: The Lost Chapters.)

--Eric

12. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

so mac is gonna get some significant games this year, better then last years lackluster effort to port games, thats great news however, it might actually make me by a gaming mac:eek:

13. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

14. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

15. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I'm pretty excited that The Movies is going to be ported to Mac.
    The game looks like its got a lot of potential.

I find it quite strange that all the Mac Game sites are not updated regularily.
    Its so hard to up-to-date info on any of them.

I keep checking them to see if there's any chance of us getting KOTOR2.

What about the new SW game, Empire at War, do you think there's any chance we'll see a mac port?

16. Damien macrumors regular

I am really looking forward to Civ 4 and Fable! Also do not forget The Movies which is coming soon :D

17. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

www.insidemacgames.com ... it's updated every day (except weekends). If it's not on there, it's not happening (or the companies aren't telling ;) ).

One of the many topics on InsideMacGames.... (Answer: who knows, but possibly more likely than not likely. We get most of the Star Wars games after all.)

--Eric

18. macdong macrumors 6502

macdong

although i'd like it as much as anything else, it's just a rumor.

19. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

20. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Feral Interactive:
    It seems like Colin McRae has been coming out for about a year now. I just love it how it is Colin McRae Rally 2005 and we are into 2006 now.

Fable hasn't even made it onto the Coming Soon list. I had thought it would have been out around Christmas time, but I suspect it will be more likely by next Christmas, kinda annoying how Feral isn't giving and updates on where they are up to and why the frack it is taking them so long. There hasn't been an update since September 2005 on Fable.

21. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Yes, Colin McRay is pretty good game (Iplayed it on my friend's PC). I juts hope it will run well on my iMac.

As for UT07, I doubt it will be out this year. Maybe closer to the New Year or maybe in 2007

22. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I thought The Movies was being cancelled since the PC version flopped, but maybe I misread that. That's awesome, I've wanted to try that game.

Looking forward to COD 2 as well, I played it on my boyfriends computer and it's amazing looking.

Hope to see more games, not sure we'll see much more than we had previously but who knows, I guess if the demand is there and money is to be made.

23. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Do we know if UT2007 is coming out for the Mac? Beyond Unreal cover pretty much everything regarding the Unreal 3.0 engine and I don't think they've mentioned anything.

Oh yeah, InsideMacGames is great - I love their interview section with Glenda Adams. Always nice to read.

24. Lincoln 6 Echo macrumors member

If you like the fighting genre you'll take probably take this game if you can get it since the pickings are sooo slim. But isn't it sad/scary that this game looks worse than Soul Calibur on the Sega Dreamcast back in 1999.
    :eek:

Colin McRae Rally 2005 is really good on the Xbox, hopefully it translates well to Mac.