Upcoming WoW expansion

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Mar 19, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

What do you think about the new WoW expansion? Flying mounts? Blood elves etc? Do you feel it's a bit harsh to have to buy the new expansion?

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it's made by blizzard, if it cost £20,000 with a £100 a month subscription people would still buy it and people would die from dehydration playing it.

but seriously, i'm looking forward to flying mounts, if only you could fly over oggrimmar land on the roof and drop bombs in.

oh and being able to play as a panda, w00t finally a species equivilent to tauren, but people cant call you a cow.

3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

It's odd that they're going to make people pay though. You pay £30 for the game. £9 a month and now you'll haev to buy an expansion? £20? I mean, what if people decide not to buy it (there will be a few, at least for a while) - there will be weird holes in the game, or at least people will be talking about areas that to some people don't exist.

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

you pay for the extra areas, everyone gets most other features.

5. Ayre macrumors member

Hector, they haven't made any real announcement that the new alliance race would be the Pandaren. As cool as that would be, most signs point to Furbolgs or the Draenei. (In fact, wouldn't the Furbolg's have a perfect starting area in Moonglade just above Darkshore?)

6. Jsmit macrumors regular

When they say flying mounts, don't they mean the "mounts" you fly from flight master to flight master? Not a flying mount that you actually pilot.

Personally, I hope there is a new class or two to go with the new races. I doubt there will be and I have not seen any indications there will be.

7. Ayre macrumors member

The new flying mounts will only be flyable in Outland... they're said to be a bit slower than the ones you'd find in the current version of WoW, though. Still, can't beat flying dragons, eh?

8. Ayre macrumors member

Actually, thinking about it some more, I think Blizzard will want to keep a balance within the continents. Since the Blood Elves will start in Quel'Thalas (north east of the Undead startiing area), the new Alliance race may start near where the Night Elves are. A look at this map indicates an unbuilt area just above Nighthave (in the top left corner of the map). The unbuilt area is the same size as all the other starting areas in the game, and the Moonglade area could be turned into a 1-10 zone, feeding into the 10-20 Darkshore zone.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this. :)

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i've seen considrable evidence, screenshots and second hand information...

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

So have I...against the idea of the Pandarens. There was a really great fake screenshot of a Pandaren chargen that fooled a lot of people.

The strongest evidence against Pandarens is China: They likely wouldn't approve of a species based on the panda and China represents a huge marketbase of customers.

Even if they do allow Pandaren, it sounds so goofy that who'd want to play it? :confused:

11. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i'm not talking about the charecter selection fake.

12. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Then which one are you talking about?

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

the one which i know about and you dont, :cool:

anyway, lets get back OT.

14. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Maybe after this they'll FINALLY start working on Starcraft 2. >.>

15. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia