Update album art on iPhone after the fact?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lokiju, Aug 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I loaded a bunch of albums onto my iPhone and then realized some of them didn't have the album art, so I went through iTunes and added the art to the ones that were missing but it doesn't update the missing album art on my iPhone after syncing.

How do I make the album art on my iPhone update?

2. macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

It doesn't? It should. If it's still not working for you I guess you could delete the songs from the iPhone and then sync them back over again.

3. macrumors 65816

Rojo

This happened to me too. The only thing that worked for me was getting rid of the songs on the iPod first, then re-adding them. A pain, but it worked...

But yeah - there should be a way it detects that album art has been added/updated and automatically do this...

4. macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like iTunes doesn't see 'Album Art' as a change to the file.

Try this: Select all the files that you changed the art on, right-click them, and 'get info.' Then, change something meaningless. Like, put a period (.) in the comment field.

Perhaps this will get iTune's attention and it will re-sync the whole file (including artwork) next time you sync.

5. macrumors 6502

jsquared

I kinda had this problem with album art appearing twice in the cover flow. I had to go back and make sure there was only one album cover for each song from that particular album. I had noticed that there might not be art for the first option but you can move the slider over and see the 2nd piece.

6. macrumors 6502a

i think there is an option in itunes to sync artwork

7. macrumors 68020

BergerFan

iTunes should detect even the slightest change to any file(name change, rating, smallest details such as year, album art, etc), mine does.
    I guess it detects via date modified?

8. macrumors 604

mcdj

9. macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

A good reliable free tagger for Mp3s is MP3tag.
    I tried Fixtunes and using itunes to add artwork but Mp3tag is just so much better and quicker.
    Also see this site for hard to find artwork:
    http://www.discogs.com/