Update Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saj042, Mar 21, 2006.

1. saj042 macrumors newbie

I've been tryin to figure this one out for awhile now with no luck, is there anyway to put songs into a folder and it'll automatically be put onto my itunes library? The folder I put songs into is the same folder that I share with itunes but when I put songs in there I have to drag them to the itunes window.

2. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

I think you need to choose the File Menu in iTunes and then choose Add to Library and select that folder you put into the itunes library folder. Is that something you have tried?

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

When in iTunes, you have to press cmd+o and choose the files to add. Making the iTunes folder like that is a really cool idea, but it doesn't work as of know AFAIK.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Perhaps either Automator, Folder Actions, or AppleScript can be used. You'd drop a song into a Finder folder (not a folder inside iTunes) and it would be added to your iTunes library.

I didn't spot exactly that at Doug's AppleScripts. At least not so far.

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Yeah, I was thinking something like that too. I think Apple could jump on that idea and strut it off with iTunes 7.0

Automatically add songs to your iTunes library just by adding them to a folder, and then to take them out of the library, just take it out of the folder :).

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That didn't take long. Here is a description of using Automator to import audio files. See post #3. You don't have to delete the original file (as shown in the example) if you don't want to.

7. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

Wasn't my ? but like the answer! Thanks!