Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

binrdow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
The hard drive on my MacBook Pro recently died on me, and I made the mistake that you should never make. I didn't keep a backup. :(
...I am now...
However, basically everything that I lost is on my iPod Touch (4th gen). I already know that there are programs like Senuti that I can buy to get my music back onto my Mac, but I also would like to get my calendar from iCal on my iPod onto my Mac.

If I sync my iPod with my mac, will iCal on my mac update to the one on my iPod, or will it just wipe my iPod calendar clean?
Is there anyway to do this, or am I out of luck?

NOTE TO ALL WHO DON'T ALREADY DO THIS: Everyone always says this, but I didn't listen until it was too late, so I'm going to say it again. KEEP A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA!!!!! If you don't, you WILL regret it at some point.

Last edited:

binrdow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Solved

Turns out, my hard drive is fine but my logic board needs replacing! :-S (which is fortunately being paid for by Apple)
So I don't need to get my data off of my iPod anymore! All my data is safe! :D

But I also figured out an answer to my own problem. iCloud. Just sync the iPod with iCloud, then push it to iCal on Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.