Update on the house project. (thanks for reminding me pivo6)

Discussion in 'Community' started by amnesiac1984, Sep 17, 2003.

1. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Okay, so I was gonna resurrect my old house thread to give some updates, but it is in the archive and I guess I can no longer post to it.

Basically we should have moved in by now, but such is life and the building process, its not happened.

We are heavily into the painting/finishing stage though, with all the plasterboard up, half of it is finished and the first floor is painted. We have showers. Well, I call them orgasmatrons, cos thats what they look like they were designed for. They have these seats integrated into the side that you sit and jets massage your back and neck, pretty cool.

The exterior has not changed much but looks more finished now that the window frames have been painted. I will take some pics tomorrow as I am still unable to work on it due to my injury (see my accident car crash thread a while back).

I've finished installing the ethernet, we were gonna go wireless but my dad runs his business from home and he want to eventually get a big server and stuff. Also we have ethernet by the TV for any TiVo style devices we may get. Mum and Dad are visiting Ikea to finally order our kitchen on friday. I;m a bit annoyed cos I'm going back to college on tuesday and won't get to live in it til christmas! :(

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

well, when you finally do get to move into it at christmas, it will probably so much the more pleasant because it'll have been lived in for awhile. if you get a chance, post some current pics, though, man!

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

No problem for the reminder. You answered my other question about whether you were still in University or not. Hopefully your injuries wont pose too many problems. I can't wait to see the pics.

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

we've just renovated ou house as well.it's all good now... network throughout the whole place, that's the only way to go! :D

only problem with out place is that the landscaping isn't done yet, so it still looks like a building site on the outside. :p at least when you get to live in it it'll be all landscaped. it's good to live in a house that has lawn to mow and plants to look at. :)

5. amnesiac1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheers guys. So pivo6, what are you up to these days?

I'm looking forward to UNI cos I get to live in a decent flat, whereas at the moment we are renting a very small house near the building site.

Anyway guys, i'll get you those pics. Peace :)

P>S A treat!

Attached Files: