Update on the Powermac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LGRW3919, Apr 8, 2005.

1. LGRW3919 macrumors regular

Has anyone heard anything about when Powermacs might get updated? Will they most likely be folded into the seemingly mid or late april Tiger release or has anyone heard that they will not come until WWDC?

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

steve jobs just phoned me and told me they are coming out next week, dual dual dual dual core dual dual processor dual3 dualghz,

oh and there scrapping the dual dual dvi and replacing it with dual dual dual dvi

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They are due. So I think that the Power Mac will be updated between now and WWDC. If the predicted dual core will be used, then it's more likely that Steve will personally announce the new Power Mac at WWDC.

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

They're getting updated very soon now. I've had the last revision for god knows how long. :D

6. JasonL macrumors regular

Yeah, consensus is that it should be between now and WWDC. With how long it has been, I hope it is a significant revision and/or with significantly better pricing. Another thing is that we're likely going to have to wait for some time after we order our new systems to get them in (though hopefully not as bad as we saw with the 2.5).

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

yeah i got that memo too.