Update: Powerbook 12" Case Damage

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jaw04005, Feb 25, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I was the member who started the Powerbook 12" Case Damage-What's Next thread. Well I just wanted to give a small update.

I sent the computer to Apple to have the Superdrive replaced (seperate issue), and after 3 days Apple sent the computer back last Friday. My office received the box, and I picked the package up Saturday morning. I walk in my office, and I see this box that looked like the box that got kicked down the hall in Ace Ventura. It had 8 strips of green tape wrapped all the way around it, all cut with a box cutter, and had a dent in the side. I immediately thought "Ohhhh.. Crap". Anyways, I cut open the 1 strip of clear tape that was holding the top of the box together, and open it up to get my powerbook. Well.. my powerbook was twisted inside the box, and there was packaging missing. The notebook was not secured, and looked as if it had a bumpy ride back home. heh.

Well, I was looking it over.... and sure enough a huge outward dent where the slot to the superdrive is located (that was not there previously). The computer booted, and I tried to load a cd.. the cd barely went and when I tried to eject it... the cd coming back out scrapped the top of the cd label.

I called AppleCare, after talking through a few CSR at the lower level, I got some nice gentleman named Dean. Dean apologized, as it clearly was an Airborne Express fault. He set up a repair, and Apple is going to replace the entire casing and whatever else needs to be repaired from the shipping damage.

I expected I would have to file a claim with Airborne and they would come look at the box, etc... investigate it.. but it didn't happen. I was so thrilled! I even called the Apple Store and purchased a 20" Display, since I was not going to have to pay the $850 dollars to have the casing replaced from where "I" damaged the product.

Im just so happy, I had to share.

Josh

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Re: Update: Powerbook 12" Case Damage

Makes me wonder if appleCare did something to richard airborne express and get you a new case at the some time. :)