UPDATE! So my friend saw Steve Jobs last night...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacFan782040, Sep 19, 2006.

1. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Ok. The kid totally knows I'm obsessed with Macs. He just bought an iMac last year because of me actually, but that's besides the point. He doesn't know who Steve Jobs really is.

He arrived in LA yesterday, and being a typical 21 year old he has to check his myspace every 5 seconds, so he was spending a lot of time in the Santa Monica Apple Store.

Well, it turns out that the Barenaked Ladies were playing at the store, so he got to meet them, and then saw who else but STEVE JOBS. I guess he was there supporting the event and it's only a skip away from Cupertino. He called me up and I couldn't believe it. He said there was a line to see him but then he went in the back room out of sight. (Oh and he said the 24" iMac is rediculously huge)

I've never been to CA, neither has he until now. I was sooo mad I didn't get to see him. Why does stuff always have to happen? haha. :confused:

2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

This makes me so mad....

A band a naked ladies can have a concert in an Apple store.
    But when I walked into a Apple store naked (I wanted to see how hot the MBPs where, OK) I was arrested!
    Damn celebrities....

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Yeah, but are you a lady? Bare naked ladies can do anything they want. Bare naked dudes...not so much.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

that's cool. i'd like to meet steve just because he seems like a nice guy you could shoot the breeze with for 5 or so minutes. i wish he'd come to the apple stores near me (washington, d.c. area).

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What is it with kids and myspace?

Don't they realise it's crap?

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

agreed. My friend has a myspace page and her brother created one for his dog, and the dog has friends who are other dogs... now that's creepy... :eek:

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Santa Monica is a little more than a skip away from Cupertino....

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's, let me see, um, $40,000 of his time...
    Can you afford it? :rolleyes:

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

Not when you have your own private jet. ;)

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Even then it's still a good hour flight.

11. emw macrumors G4

emw

True. But that's still faster than I can get to the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue from my suburban abode. :)

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And faster than I can get to the Santa Monica store -- even with a 200 mile head start on Steve. :)

13. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

that crap got the creator of it over 300 million dollars.

14. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I shook the hand of Steve at the opening of the Apple Store in NYC :cool:

15. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

nevermind. i have better things to spend my money on. who assigned such a high value to his time anyway, or was that figure generated randomly?

i like how you say the hand of steve instead of just steve's hand.

16. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

I took my small child trick-or-treating to Steve Jobs' house one year, since it's closeby and the people in Jobs' neighborhood are known for their elaborate Halloween setups for the kids -- they decorate their yards as spooky forests complete with fog machines, and extras who dress up as ghosts and sit in the trees, etc. Some even build haunted house type spook paths inside their homes that you have to walk through to get to the person passing out the treats; very effective in the historic old Palo Alto homes.

Jobs was passing out the treats to the kids himself and was quite nice, had his whole yard decorated and exchanged a few words with me. He had Cliff bars for treats.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I set one up months ago. I was let down, felt no urge to do anything there. Now I just use it to show off how great I'm doing to old school people.

oh, topic! Barenaked ladies? what a mad name for a band! never heard of them myself but top name. I don't think my Apple Store (Trafford Centre) will ever have concerts. It's a bit of a small shop.

18. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Never heard of BNL? They're a Canadian band...been around for almost 20 years now but didn't hit it big in the US until their 1998 album Stunt. It went to #5 in the UK.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen them in concert...I'll be seeing them again in November when they come through town.

19. georgi0 macrumors regular

georgi0

20. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

Heh this is amusing, has nobody sussed the barenaked ladies yet... or do most of you think its ass and tit... :p

I'm trying to remember which song it was that was #1 in UK, maybe 96 -97... was quite hipp... have the tune in my head as well its driving me nuts trying to remember the name.

[Edit] One Week. 98/99, my mind is slipping.

21. MacFan782040 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

UPDATE!

So he's in Hollywood and gets to shake hands with Jessica Simpson, she had some kind of premier, and had a conversation with Andy Dick!!

And then just today, he sees Nicole Richie in Disneyland.

Can't believe this... Californians.. is it this typical to see celebrities like this?

She looks like a twig!
    [​IMG]

22. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

What can I say.... :cool:

I had lunch today with Bruce Willis and tomorrow am meeting with Brad and Angelina to discuss Sudan. :cool: :rolleyes: :D

23. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

no, that's quite a series of fortunate events, i haven't seen many celebrities, and i live in southern california. sooooo...... i dont know what to tell you...... yeah.....

24. breal8406 macrumors member

25. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

LMAO! That IS creepy!!! poor canine :D

And yes, Steve looks like a very down-to-earth nice guy, I like his keynotes a lot, the public really seem to relate with the person he is.