update to apple online store?? iPods??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by spacepower7, Feb 22, 2005.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

May 6, 2004
    Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store
    Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.
    You can also order from The Apple Store by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE.
    Sales and Refunds | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
    Copyright © 2004 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.

I have been getting this for the past 4 hours when looking for my order status of a powerbook case. Is Apple fixing the backend of the shopping cart system for new iPods?

I can only hope :)
  2. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2004
    Pacific NW
  3. spacepower7 thread starter macrumors 68000

May 6, 2004

I can see the Apple store fine, but I still can't view the Apple Order Status... meaning? Is Apple rebuilding their shipping system, or is it offline while they update?

I stated b4 that I was looking at an order status for a powerbook case that I had already ordered on Monday.

It might not have anything to do with new iPods, but maybe it does? We'll find out very soon :)
  4. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

May 5, 2002
    Gold Coast, Australia
    I was able to get into the Apple store just fine.
  5. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

Oct 7, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    Not me, I just tried and it has that posted note showing. :D
    And saying that the store is being updated.
  6. john1123 macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2005
    Down Under
    isn't it crazy that there are 3 threads on this topic in 3 different categories all of them updated in the last 20 minutes? :rolleyes:

but yeh i can't wait either :D
  7. UPLINK macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2005
    Well looks like the hype was for nothing...

The 6gb ipod mini is here, but it doesn't have a colour screen, just coloured buttons on the click wheel to match the colour of the unit and a drop in price for the ipod photo's, also cutting the 40 gb model to a 30gb model.

Nothing Major once again...

Only thing i don't get is....they have stopped the gold version of the ipod mini....pointless, but now that makes that model somewhat of a collectors item.