Update to Office:mac 2004 - 11.3.0

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ozontheroad, Nov 12, 2006.

1. ozontheroad macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update

This update contains several updates to enhance security and stability, including fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code. In addition, this update includes all of the improvements released in all previous Office 2004 updates.

Applies to: Office 2004 Standard Edition, Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition, Office 2004 Professional Edition, Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac

Released: October 10, 2006

System requirements

To install this update, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:

Operating system: Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS; if you want to use Spotlight, Sync Services, or smart cards, you must be running Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) or a later version.

Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac, and then click More Info.

Exchange Server users

Important note about Exchange mailbox synchronization If you notice that your mailbox contains duplicate folders or is missing messages, events, or contacts, your mailbox might be affected by a synchronization issue in versions of Entourage that were updated with Office 2004 SP2 (11.2.0). The issue might cause data loss when Entourage attempts to synchronize with an Exchange mailbox that was moved to a different Exchange server. Quit Entourage immediately and do not install this update or open Entourage again until after you read Knowledge Base (KB) article KB 909574 on the Microsoft Web site at support.microsoft.com, which contains specific instructions for this situation. In addition, contact your system administrator for assistance. If you do not have these issues in your Exchange mailbox, you can install the update now.
    Delegated folders and public folders Exchange folders that are not in your mailbox, such as delegated folders and public folders, are read-only unless the appropriate update is installed on the Exchange server. For more information, visit the Microsoft Web site at www.microsoft.com/mac.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. ozontheroad thread starter macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

no... just posting the info.

didn't see it anywhere else in the forum.

:confused:

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's just that it's been out for a month. Here is the MacBytes article from when it came out.

5. ozontheroad thread starter macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

oops ! doh ! :eek:

i guess they should wasteland this then

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

No problem...I just thought there might be a question in there somewhere that I was missing by scanning through it. :D

7. ozontheroad thread starter macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

and i was so happy... my first news submission :D

8. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Guess mine wan't enough?:mad:

Sorry, just had to.:D

I just found out I beat MacBytes by 50 minutes! w00t! :D

9. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

I'm still waiting

I'm still waiting for the article where someone says that they've been able to successfully install this update. My MBP just doesn't like it one bit!

;)

10. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Done! Works fine here. Works fine on my computer at work. If there were significant problems with the update, you would have heard all about them--believe me. The lack of such complaints indicates that the update has vanishingly few problems.

11. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Other Installs

Don't make me stick my tongue out!

:p

I think there's something on my system Office doesn't like.

It took me three days of trying and installing and restarting and crashing just to get from what came on the disk up to 11.2.5.

Excel will open most of the time. The others will launch when they feel like it.

Through trial and error, I figured out how to get the menu bar to stop "disappearing" on me - I had to disable the setting in FruitMenu that makes the application name in the menu to an icon.

And then the 11.3 install I couldn't get at all. When I went to VersionTracker and saw that others were having problems, I assumed it was rather common. I wasn't concerned enough to come here and search around - if I really need Word, I just restart the computer, try to launch it, restart the computer, try to launch it, etc. until I get it. ;)

I'm pretty much in avoidance until Office 2007 comes out.

:D