Update wont work

Discussion in 'macOS' started by semaja2, Dec 24, 2005.

1. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys i cant get software update to connect, ive tried everything and the odd thing is i can connect to the net with safari and use adium but i cant work the software update

PS this ibook appears to be 4 months old and doesnt have the latest major update 10.4.3

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If software update still doesn't work after you install 10.4.3, can you tell us more about the type of failure you experience with it?

3. semaja2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

anyone know why it wont work tho?, i mean i dont want to be manually downloading all the time.

PS. i cant seem to connect to windows server shares it keeps complaining the alias is missing or something

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wait, do you get the error:

A networking error has occurred: timed out (-1001). Make sure you can connect to the Internet, then try again.

I just got this error, and I never have gotten errors with this before. If you've also not had errors in the past, it might be a temporary issue at Apple....

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Ditto Apple may have a temp prob.

6. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I think it's a temporary issue. Just got the same error after trying tonight; but earlier today I updated two items.

7. freebooter macrumors 65816

freebooter

I've got the same problem at this time--timed out while trying to connect. I should have checked here sooner. I just spent an hour checking things and doing maintenance. Well, at least I know my system is in good order...:rolleyes:

8. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Currently getting the same error but my net is working perfectly.

9. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I called apple and they confirmed that it's not working right now. Yesterday the system to register Applecare was down, now this is. Yikes!

10. semaja2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

any idea of when it will be back online or should i just go ahead and update manually

11. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

Hi

Software Update is now working for me at least and I am in Sydney, Australia

It was something temporary as .mac homepage services where also down for nearly 6+ hrs earlier.

It seems that apple is having some ongoing problems with different parts of there site.

Rob :cool:

12. semaja2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know a guy and based on what he said, I bet this is all because they are replacing all their hardware with Mactels.... They've already replaced all the desktop units in Cupertino, and now they're going out into serverland to replace those Linux boxes with Mactel Xserves. :eek: ;) :D

Seriously, glad it's back up! :) Merry Christmas! :)