Updated Cinema displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by davepoint, May 9, 2006.

1. davepoint macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to when the 'updated'(better specs) cinema displays might be released. Given the amount of problems with bleed, 'murkyness' and pink tinge the current gen of 23" displays have I don't want to buy one of them until the refreshed line is out, which surely can't be that long but I haven't heard anything...

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Could be way off here, but wouldn't it most likely happen with the release of the Mac Pros?

3. davepoint thread starter macrumors newbie

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

That strikes me as a logical idea. I'd love to own an ACD one day. :)

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

6. davepoint thread starter macrumors newbie

7. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Well they just updated the 30" Cinema Display a few weeks ago to match the specs on the Dell display, but for a new look and specs for all the displays my guess would be when the new Intel PowerMac's come out we will see the new display's.

8. davepoint thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not necessarily bothered about a whole new design per se - just some up to date specs, I mean is it so much to ask

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

They're very up-to-date as it is. They could just use a few USB ports on the back :).

10. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I know I'm dreaming, but a TV tuner would be GREAT! I would buy one, like yesterday if it had one. Maybe more inputs? :eek: :confused: :cool:

11. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Longer cable would be great. There's nothing I'd change in my 20" ACD but I'd buy a longer cable in a heartbeat. I believe 5 meters is the longest one could produce (having power, usb and firewire bundled) but if shielding is not premium grade, it might have to be little shorter.

Why do they think people would want to keep that noisy box anywhere near the all-silent display?

12. davepoint thread starter macrumors newbie

well what about this HDMI jazz(I'm no fan of drm but I don't want to drop 800 quid on an obsolete monitor - I know the new dell 24"'s support that) and as far as the quality - as I said in the first post I've heard too many horror stories(quite recently as well) about the continued presence of 'grunge' and pink tint in the 23" displays

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I agree, the most likely time for Apple to release new ACDs will be when they roll out the Mac Pros. Hopefully, they lower the prices a bit..... :)

14. whoooaaahhhh macrumors member

whoooaaahhhh

Hdcp

I think you mean HDCP, HDMI is just the port. HDCP is the protection stuff.

15. davepoint thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry yes - that's what I meant