Updated iBooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CoMpX, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

PLEASE PEOPLE KEEP THIS ONE CLEAN AND ON TOPIC. I WANT THIS THREAD TO LAST FOR THE GOOD OF EVERYONE WHO WANTS AN IBOOK. MODS, PLEEEEEEAAASE DON'T CLOSE THIS. WE ARE ONLY INNOCENTLY SPECULATING LIKE THE POWERBOOK USERS.

So, who else thinks that the iBooks will be updated when the iTunes songs hits 500,000,000?

2. timmyb macrumors 6502

I really hope so. As has been mentioned in other posts, the UK and US counts are out by a few thousand, so maybe they are timed to reach 500 000 000 at about 9 in the morning in each place - perhaps next week.

According to the buyers guide, the PBooks are due for an update in about 20 days so maybe they will be updated along with the iBooks in a couple of weeks.

3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

That would be a much welcomed surprise. We all know that the PowerBooks could use a bit more "Power" in them (to help better distinguish them from the iBooks).

4. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

Oh jeez, face it, the iBooks will never be updated.

There. I said it.

5. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

6. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I certainly don't think that a computer product update would be keyed to an itunes landmark (but I hope I am wrong). I also dont see the point, this late in the summer, of updating at all to catch the education crowd-- unless the 'books will be in stores immediately, the education bus has left the station.

7. wide macrumors 6502a

500 million is too far away, damnit. I say at 4pm today EST

8. a2cute2control macrumors member

silly question yes: but, what do you think the odds of a price drop within the ibooks? I know i'm having a hard time trying to track one down where i live, no one seems to have any. However, appleinsder has an article claiming that apple could release the intel comps. well ahead of schedule. Chances are they might as well wait.

9. timmyb macrumors 6502

I will be going to uni in september and am waiting for the iBook revision. Lots of people will be looking at laptops at the moment, will see the current specs and buy a PC laptop instead, so Apple should get the update out ASAP. Also the update won't be large they should be available quite quickly.

10. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Hello lost brother! LOL That is the EXCACT same thing that I was thinking this whole time. I just dont see why this time, Apple decided to wait so much longer than all the other times. It leads me to believe that there is a large revision such as a new form factor, but that dn't make much sense since the switch to intel is fairly soon. Mybe Apple is just slowing down on updates, or maybe we have a bigger surprise in store for us. Who knows at this point? :rolleyes:

11. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Why, oh why ...

Are these threads popping up every few hours?

[​IMG]

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There is a moratorium on new threads speculating about upcoming PowerBooks and iBooks because of the many duplicate threads recently. Use this thread for your discussion, even if you are interested only in Powerbooks or only in iBooks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.