Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Hey all,

I installed Windows XP SP2 on my iMac 20" and everything was going fine, until I updated my Mac OS X from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5

Now, when I restart, I do not get the silver apple/windows logo to switch between booting.

My gut instinct tells me that if I bless the xom.efi file again, it will come back, however I just wanted to check with someone.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
Backtothemac said:
Just bless the xom file. That should do it. I updated though and it did not cause a problem at all. Wierd.

I've read this 'bless' thing many times...what does it mean? :eek:

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
markkk! said:
I've read this 'bless' thing many times...what does it mean? :eek:

Sudo bless tells the computer to make the file bootable. So, if you do
sudo bless --folder . --file xom.efi --setBoot

Terminal tells the computer to make the file xom.efi bootable, then setBoot command makes it so that it boots xom.efi when your computer turns on.

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Wouldn't that leave a blank? Meaning the disk wouldn't start at all? or would it choose a default operating system...

Compufix

macrumors regular
May 7, 2002
PA
my xomhelper app can be used to quickly make sure you have the appropriate xom.efi installed and bless them. You can also REVERT to remove the xom.efi and re-bless the original boot.efi. It can also be used to create the slipstream CD and an iso image of that CD.

-Compufix

http://forum.onmac.net/showthread.php?t=362

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.