Updated PB's, price drop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by al3000, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. al3000 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    England
    #1
    Hi all,

    I just wondered, if the rumoured updates for the PB do take places, does anyone anticipate that there will be a price drop, or do you reckon the price will increase?

    Thanks :)
     
  2. Lacero macrumors 604

    Lacero

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2005
    #2
    Apple doesn't do price drops on their current offerings. Once they lower the price, it's difficult to raise them again.
     
  3. Fender macrumors regular

    Fender

    Joined:
    May 9, 2004
    Location:
    Toronto, CANADA
    #3
    I'm in the market for a PB 15" immediately, so I wish they'd lower the price. But, I doubt they'll be doing that.

    Frankly, I'm more concerned about when we'll see an update. :confused:
     
  4. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

    chucknorris

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Location:
    Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
    #4
    How do you figure?

    They dropped the price on the 14" iBook with SuperDrive during the most recent update.

    I think a price drop is very likely, as there seems to be sufficient space between PowerBook and iBook prices to allow for one.

    Apple lowers their prices all of the time. The second most recent example would be with the 60 GB iPod when they merged the lines in July.

    To further squash your point, Apple seems to have no shame in raising the price when they REALLY update a product.
     
  5. stonyc macrumors 65816

    stonyc

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2005
    Location:
    Michigan
    #5
    Hmmm, I've been giving the tiniest bit of thought to maybe, possibly selling or trading my 15" PB. Please PM me if you're interested. Not sure that I'll be selling, but who knows right?
     
  6. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #6
    I've waited out this "Don't Buy -- updates soon" nonsense along with everyone else. We're all suckers. There's gonna be no updates this week, none next week, or the week after that. But we'll continue hoping, until Greg J in Apple Marketing echoes last year's sentiment: "Our current product line will remain so throughout the holiday season."

    And then --- macWorld Jan a whole 4 months later, where modest updates will be introduced. wow, lennon was right -- we make ridiculous plans, and life whizzes by.
     
  7. tekmoe macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2005
    #7
    waiting sucks. =(
     
  8. Fender macrumors regular

    Fender

    Joined:
    May 9, 2004
    Location:
    Toronto, CANADA
    #8
    I'd buy a new PB 15" tomorrow if I knew we were getting a little bump, but... The thing I'm afraid of, is that it won't be just some little bump. With my crappy luck it will have DDR2, higher res, 128mb videocard, etc...

    Me being the market is terrible for everyone else :D
     

Share This Page