Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dude4444

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2015
Thankfully, however, the memory does work and is recognized by the Mac Mini, since the modules do fit snugly into the slots.

clou1956

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2016
While upgrading my ram from 2 to 4 GB, I accidentally snapped of one of those flimsy little clips inside that hold the ram in place. It now only recognizes one of the ram cards. So I'm still stuck at 2 GB of memory. What can I do? Has this happened to anyone else. HOw much will this cost to have fixed and is it covered under warranty (my mini is 2 weeks old)
[doublepost=1454870482][/doublepost]This same thing happened to me when I was putting in new Ram, The levers on the right snapped off when I was trying to remove a stuck memory card. Cheap plastic but what do we expect as my MBP was made in China which I was not aware of until after I bought it. Both new memory cards are still stuck and I am unable to remove. Any idea of a way to get them out and fix the broken the broken lever. I saw a You tube video by OWC and he pulled up on a black square box before he touched the lever.My laptop does not turn on now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.