Updated Sherlock Channels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BornAgainMac, Apr 24, 2004.

1. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I used Sherlock a few times since it was last updated with Jaguar but never realized that Apple has been quietly adding 3rd party channels to it. I only used Sherlock to try to translate languages from newspapers in other countries or newsgroups and used Watson primarily for movies, TV, and news, and better image finder. But now I see some new channels like iCalShare search, Above California, Traffic, UK channels, Version Tracker, World News. I am not sure if this is only with Panther. Am I the only one that uses Sherlock?

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I use sherlock occasionally, but I just checked (I'm as updated as can be) and don't see any new channels. How did you come about these?

3. BornAgainMac thread starter macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I just clicked "Other Channels" under collections. I never did anything else and I didn't install any 3rd party addons.

4. BornAgainMac thread starter macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Searching .Mac homepages

You can even browse .Mac homepages for photos, movies, and topics. I always wanted to see a directory or index of sorts for .Mac.

5. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Thanks for the heads up about "Other Channels". Some of them are useful and therefore makes Sherlock more than a space holder on my dock.