Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EnesM

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2015
Thanks for the explaination.....
The retina is so incredible, guess I just have a hard time believing there can be something much better.

Appreciate the input...
Oh the eye can see a lot. Compare the displays of iPad Mini Retina (1st generation) to iPad Air...Mini looks so bad in comparison, and it's not about the DPI

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the explaination.....
The retina is so incredible, guess I just have a hard time believing there can be something much better.

Appreciate the input...

I said the same thing before seeing an Amoled display. When I switch from my phone to the iPad air 2 (or rMBP), I feel sick. :):)

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Oh the eye can see a lot. Compare the displays of iPad Mini Retina (1st generation) to iPad Air...Mini looks so bad in comparison, and it's not about the DPI

Exactly. This MacRumors article is an example of what the person above is talking about. While the first retina iPad Mini did have a retina screen (with regard to PPI), the colour gamut was much narrower. Sure, the current 5K screens look fantastic but it wouldn't surprise me if Apple find a way to make them even better at some point.

Reactions: macaximx

blast87

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
I am also impatiently waiting for the new iMacs to be announced.

I noticed this link from 9to5mac. In the update at the bottom of the article, it shows that the FCC won't get pictures of the new magic mouse and keyboard until Feb 10, 2016. Isn't that a clear sign that we won't see the new ones until February 2016? Any thoughts on this? I doubt the FCC would approve of things without the pictures of the product, internals and manual.

I pray not, but this makes me think we have to wait till Feb 2016 :(

http://9to5mac.com/2015/08/15/magic-mouse-2-bluetooth-keyboard-apple/

Reactions: 762999

EnesM

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2015

I noticed this link from 9to5mac. In the update at the bottom of the article, it shows that the FCC won't get pictures of the new magic mouse and keyboard until Feb 10, 2016. Isn't that a clear sign that we won't see the new ones until February 2016? Any thoughts on this? I doubt the FCC would approve of things without the pictures of the product, internals and manual.

Nah, I don't think that's an indicator. They probably set that date to be on the safe side, although to be honest I have no idea how this FCC business works.

Xteec

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Australia

Nice find. That date makes a lot of sense given the availability of Skylake and Xeon v4 and thunderbolt 3 should all be in abundance by then. That would make that time a good event for a wide range of Mac updates.

EnesM

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2015
By the way, Magic Mouse was released 15 days after the FCC leak, so there is no definite time frame...

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Possibly!
Hoping...

All 21.5 shipping dates (all configurations + bto) have slipped to 5-7 days

Some 27's gone to 5-7, also
UK store

The German store is showing the same 5-7 days for BTO configurations.

An iCondition? lol!
Lol, you should TM that, before apple do.

She was cute...............but, ahem, I'm married.

Cute hey! Further evidence that she had an eye condition. :p

I still think Apple will hold an October event for Macs, anyone else?

Praying to to all known deities that a skylake rimac is announced this month.

Possibly!
Hoping...

All 21.5 shipping dates (all configurations + bto) have slipped to 5-7 days

Some 27's gone to 5-7, also
UK store

These we're in stock last wk, interesting

Juliovalverde

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2015
The German store is showing the same 5-7 days for BTO configurations.

Same here in Spain, The spanish apple store shows 7 days for Built-To-Orders imacs.

But it is also interesting that last friday some imac confirgurations showed 2-3 weeks shipping, now it shows 1 week.

What it's clear it's that there is a generalized shortage of stock.

I hope it is due to an imminent update :rolleyes:

Reactions: johnnyturbouk

antman2x2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
New YAWK
I can't see apple releasing an updated 21 inch retina, and not giving the 27 an incremental upgrade. It makes no sense to me.

Liffey

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
Isn't it already confirmed that there's no October event? It's probably a silent refresh or nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.