Updates not installing....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NusuniAdmin, Apr 28, 2004.

1. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Hi, I have just discovered this today when i tried doing quicktime, itunes updates. They will not install, SU gets to "expanding" part and it locks up. So i dled the itune off apple.com and the installer will not even open. Any ideas? Please help.

NOTE: I am actually repairing permissions as i type, if it works i will repost immediently!!!

2. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

You might try opening the Installer from the Finder and then selecting the package to open.

3. NusuniAdmin thread starter macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

I have. The repair permissions did nothing either. I am scared....The whole system has been acting up over the past week, which is odd cause i did a full reinstall/reformat a little over 2 months ago.

4. Chad Woodland macrumors newbie

My fix from Apple

I too was having a problem downloading and installing software. Everything would go fine until the software would begin to install and then it would hang. It turns out that there was a rougue font installed on my machine and I had to go in and turn it off. In all user accounts. Then everything was fine agin. I had to call apple to get the solution and I can't really remember how to do it. So give Apple support a call.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

When I went to install iTunes it would hang or stop, it did it twice so i ran disk utility and it installed nicely.

6. NusuniAdmin thread starter macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

bah, oh well im getting a new computer in a month anyways...

7. Chad Woodland macrumors newbie

Apple Forums

Look in the Apple info forums on the Apple web site. I posted the instructions there about 2 months ago. Its silly but there is a font active in the directories that is not an Apple font and it causes the installer to crash. Good luck.