Updates Tomorow?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mjstew33, Jun 24, 2005.

1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Well the next Apple event is tomorow, if the iBooks aren't updated tomorow, then they'll be updated at the Apple Expo in Paris.

Maybe a PowerBook update?(doubtful)

Hope for the best!

2. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Steve said he was going to release a G5 PowerBook tomorrow but he suddenly realised it wasn't a Tuesday so he moved to Intel instead.

Meh, such is life.

4. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

the next event starts on the 28th June, not tomorrow.

So.... Tuesday update? And you all know where that thread is. :D

5. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

Actually I think NECC starts on Monday, the 27th.

6. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I was just going by: http://education.apple.com/events/ Maybe the bits Apple are at don't start until the 28th.

7. dephlt macrumors newbie

Well, I’ve just came back from a reseller (in brissy, australia) and they said that they have no ipod stock at hand except for the photo :rolleyes: ....hmm :D

With the mention of the "learning on the go: ipod in education" as the first mention on the apple-necc website, http://www.apple.com/education/necc/, I’m hoping here :D

... :D

Otherwise they gave some sage advice in waiting until Tuesday to buy the ibook that I’ve been patiently waiting for and I’m quite hopeful that this was some sort of *hint* ;)

On an off-note, don’t you (windows users) find it annoying that words like ipod, ibook, powerbook, etc aren’t in the build in dictionary for office?? Is this the same on the Mac version??

8. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I just want graphics card updates. Why? Because I am an idiot who only thinks about GRAPHICS CARDS! Apple hasen't had an update in sooo long, I am acually considering changing my home page from apple the macrumors...

9. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

10. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Nice one Apple!! I'm guessing it's the Apple exhibitions that start on the Tuesday. Bah, who knows?!!? It's just another Tuesday to look toward.

11. icarusflies macrumors member

NECC starts on monday
    Applestore updates tuesday morning

Apple announce monday, Applestore starts shipping Tuesday.

12. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

Sorry... I misread the information, I guess it doesn't start today, hopefully we'll se updates on Monday.

My bad.

13. chrisblore macrumors regular

I really do think that any updates to the 'Power' range are very unlikely at this stage, otherwise they would have been announced at the keynote at WWDC. As it was, the whole expo was dominated by the move to Intel and as such, did not really leave anyone with a clear roadmap for the interim period until new Powermacs are expected to be released in a couple of years time. Steve Jobs has said that PPC is not dead yet and that Apple does still have a couple of tricks up it's sleave, but it would have been great to have been able to see them launched at WWDC. The fact that they weren't makes me think that we'll have to wait considerably longer for the next updates to both Powermacs and Powerbooks.

14. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

Unfotunanetly I think that's true :-(

Oh well...

They just got a supposable "update" in January and the PowerMacs got an "update" not to long ago also, i wish they would've been better

Oh well....

15. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

i could see an ipod update as they have nothing to do with intel and they are due in my opinion.

not sure what they would add though.

16. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

If you use firefox you can get the best of both worlds with tabs just put this | inbetween 2 homepage adresses in the options and it will open 2+ tabs