updating i pod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sukipants, Jun 12, 2006.

1. sukipants macrumors newbie

ever since i started to run a new version of i tunes my i pod will not automatically update its self when i plug it into my lap top any suggestions as to what is happening and how to rectify this very annoying problem i have any info would be greatfully accepted cheers...

2. sukipants thread starter macrumors newbie

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

in the preferences in itunes make sure automatically update all songs and playlists is selected

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You didn't say what platform you are on (Mac/Windows) or what version of iTunes you upgraded to...

B

5. sukipants thread starter macrumors newbie

my i pod is plugged in and charging but in the i tunes preferences it says there is no i pod connected.

if i reinstall will it cure this and will i loose all my music?

upgraded to version 6 and i am using windows

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Reinstalling should not cause the library on your hard drive to be erased, but you should always have a backup where possible.

It sounds like one of the iPod drivers are not working properly, so you might try installing the latest iPod updater as well.

Be very careful if the only copy of your 'tunes are on the iPod.

B

7. sukipants thread starter macrumors newbie

still strugling

tried to reinstall again and my computer is still charging my ipod but still does not recognise that my ipod is connected to update and it is starting to really wind me up could someone please figure out this for me as i am about to throw it through my window!!