Updating parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cool11, Feb 8, 2007.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I will make a new installation of parallels- win xp.
    I will make it like a whole new pc with applications and all my preferences.

I want to be able to install all the future versions of parallels without installing again win xp and all my applications.

I just want to update-overwrite the older version in favor of the newest version, preserving all my windows enviroment.

Is it possible? How can I do it?

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

I will make a new installation of parallels- win xp.
    - If you mean upgrades, yes just run the newer version of Parallels to upgrade.

I will make it like a whole new pc with applications and all my preferences.
    - Do you mean you want to create a second VM? (Virtual Machine) That is easily done in Parallels.

I want to be able to install all the future versions of parallels without installing again win xp and all my applications.
    - See point 1. Just run the Parallels installer to upgrade. The existing VM's will remain.

I just want to update-overwrite the older version in favor of the newest version, preserving all my windows enviroment.
    - This question seems like a reiteration of the previous.

Is it possible? How can I do it?
    - First: read the manual. Second: just do it, it will work fine, but always backup just in case. The VM's are stored under /Applications/Parallels/...