Updating to Beta 7(when it's out) without updating Beta 6!?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by StuartMoore, Aug 18, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

All,

Will updating to Beta 7 (when it's released) without updating to Beta 6 be okay!?
    Don't have my iPhone to hand, and B7 will have prob released by then.....

Thanks, Stuart.

2. macrumors 603

Armen

If you're doing OTA update no. You have to update to Beta 6 first before you can go to beta 7 unless you download the entire Beta 7 IPSW file which is 1.2GB and restore the phone as NEW.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

So what your saying if I can, update OTA a.s.a.p before B7 is released.....what about the library file thingy??

Cheers, Stuart.

4. macrumors 6502

I personally haven't installed the profile that Apple recommended, seeing as I never had a bug with my iTunes or iCloud or whatever it was. Everything is fine for me, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

5. macrumors 6502

Your iPhone will give you the updates that you need in the order that you need them. Just back up your phone like you should be doing anyway and don't worry about it :)

6. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

How do you know it's 1.2gb?

7. macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I wonder as well.
    Staying on beta 4 since Apple removed blurs on iPad 2 with beta 5. And I love the blurs.
    So if they return in beta 7 what I expect because iPad mini has the same hardware and got blurs in beta 5/6, will I be able to update directly OTA? I mean, my iPad informed me OTA about beta 6 also, although it's an update from beta 5. Don't you think Apple would pick a combo update then?

8. macrumors 603

Armen

Just a guess since the full Beta 5 is 1.2GB. It could be larger or the same size roughly.

----------

I didn't install the profile thingy myself since I dont use iTunes match.