Upgrade beige g3 to 400 zif from B&W?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ladyhawkjamaica, May 27, 2006.

1. ladyhawkjamaica macrumors newbie

Just finished moving all my goodies from my old beige to my new B&W, including my sonnet 500mhz zif. Thought it would be fun to tweak the beige with the B&W's 400mhz zif. I read through some other threads and checked recommended websites, and changed the jumper settings, but it doesn't seem to be talking to either my old mac monitor or my new lcd monitor (through the rage card). I tried the following settings: 3-5-6-7 (6x), and 1-3-5-6-7 (6.5x). No dice for either of those. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

BTW, when I put the old 233 back in, it didn't want to boot until I booted from the OS 9 CD. It had 10.2.8 on it.

thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

3. ladyhawkjamaica thread starter macrumors newbie

:D Sorry - I'm asking what the correct jumper pin settings are for putting a 400mhz ZIF from a B&W G3 into a 233mhz Beige G3. I've tried the settings I listed above, but it's not working. It sounds like it is booting just fine, but I get no communication with either of my monitors (apple multiscan or generic LCD). I have no idea if it's booting but not talking to the monitor, or if it's not booting at all. It gives the Bong sound, I hear the HD spin up, including the loud internal SCSI I have in there, but nothing ever comes up on the monitor. The monitor light stays amber.

I'm not trying to overclock it. Even if I got something under 400 but over 330, that would still be a big improvement over the 233.

So, I'm asking for those jumper settings, or advice as to what else I may be doing wrong. Thanks again!

4. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

i think this site is better

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~t-imai/g3ae1.html

is has almost all jumper setting's available listed on this site

i currently have a G3 450mhz cpu in my beige G3 that is from a B&W and i left my bus speed at 66mhz so i couldent set the cpu speed at 450, i could only set it at 433mhz or 466mhz so i opped for the faster setting. one thing i will prolly not do is over clock the bus speed