Upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by menziep, Oct 6, 2006.

1. menziep macrumors 6502a

Im buying a new notebook soon and want to know if at MacWorld 2007 is it possible apple will annonce a free upgrade to 10.5 if you buy after then.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Queso macrumors G4

Possible yes, but nobody will know until the announcement is actually made as to when the cut off date will be.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yeah...

Once a new OS is released, Apple usually includes an install disk in the box (retail stores usually tape them to the boxes) for the new OS.

I suppose that's technically a free upgrade.

4. knome macrumors 6502

knome

depends on when you buy it, if its a about a week before the launch they might do it. I got my g5 2 weeks before they released the latest version and i tried to get it and they said no. The only time i managed to get it was when i got my powerbook 2 days before the launch and they included a Install CD of the new system with the purchase. I think you would have to go the apple store to do that though.

My advice wait untill they release it to be sure so you don't accidentally have to pay 115 2 days latter to get the new system.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you bought a new computer just two weeks prior to the release of a new version of MacOS X, then you were certainly entitled to the new version. You do, however, have to pay the cost of shipping.