Upgraded Internal Replacement Battery for 3G iPod - Around 11 Hours

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jovian9, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    Has anyone tried the upgraded batteries for the 3G iPod? Here is a link:

They claim to get up to 35% more battery life than the 8 hour 3G iPod batteries (that's almost 11 hours).

I bought my wife a refurb 20GB 3G iPod recently and bought myself a 40GB 3G iPod this week (had been delaying buying myself one because of the 8 hour battery life compared to the 10 hour battery life on my 20GB 2G iPod....but I went over 20GB awhile back when I put the King James Bible on my iPod ). I thought the battery life on the 2G iPods was great....but 8 hours, while not a huge difference than 10 hours, is very noticeable to someone like me who listens to their iPod ALL of the time.

Just curious if the battery life is that much more noticeable....if so I'd like to shell out the $55 to get this. Though would this void my warranty? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2003
    Yes, this will void your idea; it could also potentially cause serious problems. If it does, Apple won't help you and you're out of luck. This probably isn't a great idea.
  3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    My question is where you got the KJV? I found a few versions on the Internet, some want money, others are free, but I'm not sure about the narration clarity. Can you help me there?

The one I was thinking of getting was from SpiritualWorx.com, but you have to download each chapter of each book separately. That's a long task I'd rather not do, if I can get the entire thing in one download.
  4. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Feb 19, 2003
    Planet Zebes
    I downloaded it from:

It took me about a 1/2 hour to download (with cable modem). It took some work to clean up though b/c some of the idtags were not labeled. All in all it was about a 3 hour task for me to complete (download, clean up, put on iTunes, and put on my iPod).

I'm not sure if this is legal, they were free to download, but if this is legal I would be more than willing to burn you these onto a CD and ship it to you (already cleaned up and organized).....Old Testament on CD1, New Testament on CD2. I'm not sure if it is legal or not.....though it is helping to spread The Word. If it is illegal then I would not do this, of course. I would just require that you pay me for the cd-r's and the shipping price (NO profit for my time or effort).

Feel free to send me an e-mail if you'd like....or post back here.
  5. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

May 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    If you don't get an answer here, you might want to try the boards at ipodlounge.com.

you might find someone who upgraded there.