Upgraded my 24" iMac hdd

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nateDEEZY, Feb 8, 2007.

1. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

Well last night I upgraded my 24" iMac's hdd to this but it's to noisey for my taste, oh well! Was wondering if anyone knows of any other good 500GB quiet/cool running hard drives

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Yes, get a Seagate.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Here are three.

I would personally get the 7200.10 for $199. I have the IDE version, but I got it on a Black Friday sale from newegg. Was $229 at the time, $80 off for $149.

4. nateDEEZY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also I was wondering, where kind i find the type of adhesive they use on the sensor for the hd? It looked like that clear glob of sticky stuff they put behind you're credit card/atm card when you get it in the mail.

5. Maynerd macrumors regular

How did you perform this upgrade? Do you have a link to instructions?

6. nateDEEZY thread starter macrumors 6502a

No instructions.

It's really easy to anyone that’s mechanically/technically inclined, I guess…

You need like t5~t9 screw drivers, preferably magnitized and realllllly thin pliers for when assembling it back together and dropping a screw.

I used the pictures on this as a reference on how everything comes apart, after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Being the lame-o I am, I went to far and removed the logic board, which was completely uncessary. I thought I had to remove it to get to these screws below the hd, but you don't. The hdd simply clips off, without any unscrewing at all.