Upgraded to Panther.. few bugs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 87Vette, Feb 15, 2004.

1. 87Vette macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2004
    When I upgraded with the new 10.3 Panther version on my G4.. I noticed that my numberlock/clear button doesnt light up or work at all.
    I also had recieved a crappy calculator which was an " upgrade " but to me is not. The previous one in the 10.2 Jaquar version was better in my opinion.
    However the function keys are all screwed up such as +-/* etc...and doesnt do what I need it to do. So I downloaded a different calculator version called Calculator+ version 1.0.1 (v1.0.1) Tiran's Calculator+ for OS X.
    Are there any other issues I should be aware about and what can I do to go about elminating the problems ? Thanks.
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    You should use Software Update to get to the latest versions of everything included in the operating system, if you haven't already.

I tried the calculator and don't have a problem with it. It works quite well.

The num lock/clear key doesn't light up but that was actually a fix for me as it was annoying since there is no num lock function in Mac OS X.
  3. 87Vette thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 15, 2004
    Well in the 10.2 Jaquar version my number lock / clear button did light up. Now it doesnt. And yes I always keep the software update running at all times. My problem is that when im using the calculator.. the clear button doesnt clear the calculator and instead I have to maunally use the mouse to clear it.
  4. spav macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Check your universal access settings. Specifically mouse keys. Sometimes if you hit the option key 5 times it will turn it on. That will disable your keypad.