Upgrading 16gb to 32gb iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Voltik, Aug 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Just bought my iphone 3 days before and I found out the storage isnt enough for my videos and wanted a 32 gb instead of 16 gb. I bought it at walmart (they dont have 32 gb), could I return to walmart and it purchase from ATT or Apple? I'm upgrading from iphone 3G and wasn't sure if video would be an issue. How would I go about doing this?

2. macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Just return it and cancel your contract (you have 30 days) then go to AT&T or apple and buy a 32GB and sign a new contract. I'm not sure what will happen to you phone number though. Unless this was a new sign up anyway.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

No this was not a new contract. I'm still on my 3G contract and this was an early upgrade which I paid $18. So I go to walmart and they'll put me back on my old contract with the same number and then go apple or Att and buy a 32gb?

4. macrumors 6502

good luck your stuck with the 16 gb it will be very difficult to do what your thinking walmart is a pain to deal with on return of cell phones.

5. macrumors 68020

Stop it, not they are not.

6. macrumors 6502a

I did the same exact thing at Apple. No problems at all there.

7. macrumors 6502a

Walmart? Talk about dumbing down the whole iPhone experience.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think I'll have problems with walmart, I asked the sales rep that I might have storage issues and he said that I'll be able to return it within 30 days. The front and back plastic is still on the iPhone and I haven't touched the accessories.