Upgrading Email Only accounts to family pack sub-accounts

Discussion in 'Apple Music, iCloud and Apple Services' started by applemax, Jul 13, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

applemax

Hi

I currently have an individual account and two email only accounts tied to it, all with @mac.com addresses.

I want to upgrade these all to a family pack membership. If I do this, will the accounts still have @mac.com addresses or will I be forced to use @me.com?

Thanks

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

anyone? :)

3. macrumors regular

I don't know the answer to that but if I had to guess I would say that new email accounts would be @me.

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Yeah, that's what I thought, but this is a conversion of an existing account.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Does anyone know? :confused::)

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

..? Has anyone else had this scenario? :confused::)

7. macrumors 65816

davidg4781

Existing accounts that started out as @mac.com will be able to use @mac or @me....just depends which one you give out, both should work.

8. macrumors newbie

I've converted two old email only accounts and they both remained @mac.com - so you should be fine.

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

To family sub accounts? Did you convert them before or after the MobileMe switchover? Thanks :D

10. macrumors newbie

I converted them about two months ago and they were both converted to family pack sub accounts. One was an email only account linked to the master account - the other was an old @mac.com identity which I was surprised to find I was allowed to convert. I tried it just to see what would happen and it also retained the @mac.com address. Once converted, both accounts give the option of using mac.com or me.com - I set them both to .mac and have no problems with either.

So it would seem as long as the identities were registered BEFORE the me.com switchover they will retain their @mac.com functionality when converted.

11. thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Thanks, I'll try it out :)