Upgrading from 12" PowerBook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AaronE, Mar 21, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

I purchased a 12" PowerBook G4 in October and I'm thinking of getting something different now. What are the chances I can resell the PowerBook? It has a few dents and scratches but they aren't bad. I recently upgraded the AirPort card and just put a new keyboard in.

Specs are in my signature. BTW, I wasn't sure if this was were I should post this, but any chance I could get a profit out of it??

2. macrumors 6502

gallagb

i sold a machine VERY similar to that (might still be in my profile)
    in September for about $500
    I included 2 batteries, 2 chargers & 2 cases (one hard shell & one soft)

it was a local on Craigslist sale-

I felt like the machine was worth 400 - but asked 5 & got it
    so...
    worth trying!

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm gonna think about it some more and I'll still consider selling it. It's just a hard machine to get rid of though. The form factor is so convenient and I'd probably hate to see it go.

4. macrumors 6502

To be honest, i think it could be worth keeping around. depending on what you want.

It'd be a good secondary mobile system, the sort of thing you can carry with you wherever for stuff like web browsing and such, and if it gets terminally damaged or lost, etc. it won't be such a big loss.

At least, that's what i'd use a 12" powerbook for ;)

5. macrumors 65816

gan6660

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok so I'm considering putting this up for sale tonight. I figure I'll put the profits toward an older MacBook, but what's a good deal for an older MacBook? I just want something to run Snow Leopard on.