upgrading from a 1.67ghz 15" to a..... 1.67ghz 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Piarco, May 10, 2005.

1. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Ok, long story. Well not that long really! I've recently upgraded from my 12" Rev D PB (marketplace baby!) to a 1.67ghz 15" Powerbook with no BTO options. And quite happy I was until yesterday....

When I found out I'm elegible for an education discount. I'm a S.I. manager in a hospital and have on occasion acted as tutor for MSc students, and according to a collegue who has been getting his Mac's with an education discount for years, that is enough to qualify me. Maybe the fact that this is a teaching Trust and I also do a little research (in project management, NOT clinical!!!!) helps, but I had no idea that the discount would apply to me - I was convinced it was student and teachers only.

I've since verified this with Apple. So it leaves me a choice....

Do I sell the 3 day of 1.67ghz stock 15" (unfortuately not bought from Apple, but I did get it cheaper) and buy a 1.67ghz 15" with 128MB graphics and the 100GB HDD.....

Two things which I'm sure will come in handy, but previously the I couldn't stretch to the extra expense.... not it'll probably only cost me around £50 to do both! (Planning on selling the 15" for around £1350)

Am I mad?!?

2. JasonL macrumors regular

If you can really pull off that upgrade for that little money, go for it I guess. I'd make sure I had a sale lined up (and for that price) before going ahead, though.

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Not mad at all. The upgrades are well worth the inconvenience. Wish I'd have enough extra cash to upgrade those back when I bought my stock rev C 1.33 15" PB. Probably should have done it anyway. :rolleyes:

4. Piarco thread starter macrumors 68030

Piarco

[rubs hands with glee] Excellent! [/rub off]
    Will be putting the 15"-er into the marketplace and flebay later! You know the worrying thing? This will be my 7th Powerbook since November!!! :eek:

(Ok scratch two as faulty returns, and one as a necessity sell)