Upgrading from Office.X to Office 2004

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkrishnan, Mar 26, 2005.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So, YES, I am finally in the land of no more annoying long-file-names-bug!!!! :D

Quick question. I installed Office 2004, and it created its own directory, alongside the Office.X installation, and everything went fine. It made itself the default for my Office files, and everything works splendidly enough.

Is there anything I need to do before I drag the Office.X folder to the trash? I remember people saying that with Keynote, templates were lost between 1 and 2, and that it behooved a user to keep these from the Keynote 1 installation. Is there any similar issue with Office.X of which anyone knows?

BTW, anyone interested in Office.X for students (original CD and product key only) on the cheap? Thread to come soon. ;)

2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I have this fear--check templates adn check entourage DB. make sure it's in the 2004 folder, not the X folder.

3. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That last is a really good idea -- thanks! :) Although, I don't use Entourage at all. I think I used it once, very briefly, to import Outlook 2000 mail into Mail.app.... And never again. It's too bad Entourage is not sync'd by iSync. That project file manager it has in 2004 sounds really interesting, although I doubt I will ever use it.

I wish there were an easier way to check the templates folders. Maybe I can use terminal and do a no-replace copy.... :eek: