upgrading ipod

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gunb0y, Jul 17, 2002.

1. gunb0y macrumors member

anyone who is upgrading their ipod wanna sell me their old one?

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Possibly... how much? I got the 5 gig and I've treated it like a baby. Not a single scratch on it.

3. fuzzy7slippers macrumors member

I have a fairly brand new 10 gig ipod. it is only 3 weeks old and has seen only 2 to 3 hours of use. I knew it was a mistake right after i bought it, but i could not help myself. I tried to see if i could return it for a refund today to happy mac, but i could not and i cried like a girl knowing i could've had the 20 gig if i waited 3 weeks. Anyway, it is like new it has been sitting in a wterfield super dooper ipod case the whole time. I even have the box and all original packing materials. Just name the price.

4. gunb0y thread starter macrumors member

pricing

i can get it for $250 on small dog... if you can beat that i'll buy it from you on monday (through paypal) or send a check tomorrow (through snail mail)

5. fuzzy7slippers macrumors member

Happy mac will give me at least 300 dollars on a trade in. Come on man, it is like new.

6. gunb0y thread starter macrumors member

small dog

www.smalldog.com
    refurbished ipod for $257 (3 day shipping)
    as of 10 am this morning ur ipod was worth $100 less , i would go with the trade in at happy mac :confused:

7. fuzzy7slippers macrumors member

chances are i will not trade in. if i did it would be like i spent 700 dollars on the 20 gig ipod, and frankly that 20 gigs will mean nothing when AAC rolls around. Good luck to you though.

8. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I'm happy with my old 5 gig. :) Sure, it's not new or the best available, but it works... and does its job... and as long as I keep it looking as good as I've been doing, it'll last me for years! My advice is just take the plunge for one. If you treat it good, I think it will last you a long time to come.

9. gunb0y thread starter macrumors member

takin the plunge

hopefully i'm gonna get one on monday... i have a camping trip coming up and i'm gonna want some music. does the ipod need the charger or can i power it through firewire?

10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

The iPod comes with a charger that uses the firewire cable to plug into an outlet. I used my iPod for the first time on a trip a few weeks ago, and it was amazing: no fumbling for CDs, endless music, etc. etc. I have one of those cigarette lighters-to-AC converters (a.k.a. rectifier) that I used to charge it on the road. I'm too cheap to buy one of those iPod cigarette lighter chargers. :p

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I've been thinking about selling my 5GB iPod, but will hold onto it unless I get close to the amount I want for it. I know I won't get what I paid for it, so I'm not thinking that high. I sent you a pm, if you still want a slightly used 5GB iPod, send me a reply and we can talk about tings...

12. gunb0y thread starter macrumors member