Upgrading memory and video display output

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acidity, Jan 17, 2007.

1. acidity macrumors regular

I have a 13 inch black macbook with code duo 2.0 ghz. When I purchased the machine, I thought 1GB would be good but now after running parallels and simple windows app, my machine gets very slow. So I plan to upgrade my memory to 2GB. I currently have 2 512MB memory card so I believe I will have to exchange it with 2 1GB card.

What do you people suggest to do? I have assembled windows pcs by hand couple of years back when I was a hardware technician (i dont touch hardware anymore) so if the upgrade is easy, I can do memory card replacement by myself.

Also, the video output port in my Mac seems to be incompatible with all projector and slider input in my university. They all attach to windows style output (i dont know what they are called individually) so I guess I have to buy a converter.

Again which place to you suggest for buying the converter?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

For the issue with the projector, you're going to need to get a Mini DVI-VGA adapter - at least I think it's Mini DVI. I don't think they come with the MacBooks anymore. My iBook has Mini VGA and it came with an adapter, but Apple has gotten a bit less generous.

3. acidity thread starter macrumors regular

even I think so but which method do you suggest to buy it? cheapest and most reliable :)

4. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

apple.com :confused:

5. butaro macrumors regular

and for the ram, even the apple site shows you how to do it so its pretty easy to do.

6. acidity thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. Planning to buy both of them soon :)

7. butaro macrumors regular

is it recommended to reinstall osx when you install the ram upgrade? (hehe sorry coming from windows world)

8. tundotcom macrumors member

Also, what's the cheapest place for 2x1GB sticks for the MacBook? Does it matter if you have a CD or C2D?