Upgrading Mini's Ram

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MikeJett86, May 10, 2005.

1. MikeJett86 macrumors newbie

so-

I have a 1.25 mini stock, except for bluetooth and wifi i just added. Next up on the upgrade list is the ram, I'm going to gig it out and I found a stick at Best Buy for $120, but it's Kengston Value Ram, I thought I read somewhere that macs don't handle "value" anything too well. Is this true? Should I drop the extra 40-60 $$$ on the good stuff? or will this do? My only issue is that if i have problems with stuff I buy on the internet it is alot harder to return, but with bestbuy I just walk in and give it back.

thanx

Michael

2. monty77 macrumors 6502

If returning easy then give the cheap stuff a go .. if not then it's worth the extra to buy from a source that says it'll def work in a Mac.

I've bought a 1Gb stick for my Mini and 2 1Gb sticks for the iMac from Crucial - both work great. Their site has a tool that will find the memory for your machine so there's no chance of ordering the wrong stuff.

Adam

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I bought a stick from newegg.com by PQI that several other Mini owners said worked. It has worked perfectly and was only $135. You might try that one if you are concerned about the Kingston stuff.

4. JasonL macrumors regular

DMS has mac guaranteed RAM in a 1GB stick for you at $114. linky

I've bought RAM from both Crucial and DMS and had great experiences with both...but DMS' prices are way, way better.