Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Games' started by fowler., Jun 10, 2006.
Can I use carbon copy cloner to do this?
What's a good way to do this through osx?
If the drive is locked, then there is no way to clone it. If it is unlocked, I still don't know if it will work because the Xbox uses the XBFS file system. Your question would also get more answers if you asked it on an Xbox site, like http://forums.xbox-scene.com
Yeh you can but you need an FTP Program
Before doing these stepsmake sure you have done the following
You have unlocked your HDD
You Know or have a print out of your Xbox HDD KEY (if anything goes wrong)
You have time and patience
1) Free up the same amount of space on your HDD to match the Xbox HDD (e,g 30gb on Xbox so free up 30GB on your computer)
2) Log into your Xbox via an FTP Client (Transmit is awesome)
3) Copy n paste the Entire xbox HDD contents to your HDD
4) Install your New HDD
5) Format the New HDD with an Xbox Boot Disk (availabe from the usual place)
6) Install Evo X or any other dashboard manager
7) Log into your new hdd with an FTP Client
8) Copy everything back to you NEW HDD
Problems you may encounter
-Your HDD (if bigger that 137gb) needs to be configured to have a G: Drive
-Your HDD wont boot
-You wont back up correctly
-Your FTP client will timeout (happens on huge transfers 100gbs or more, note this can be disabled within the client.
-You will forget to Lock your new HDD
Enjoy your new HDD
*BTW i have been doing this process for years