Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ookxtreme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2005
ok the old hard drive is 40gb... now upgrading to 80gb internal... i just put 10.4 Tiger on and now i want to instal the 80gb hd....

when i got the 80gb i purchased an external enclosure for the old 40gb... but how do i transfer all my data, OS and all data to the 80gb? is there a way to transfer all data to teh 80gb by puting the 80gb in the external first.. then transfering data to that.... then swaping the drives and putting the 80gb in the interanal slot then put the 40gb in the external enclosure....

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I just did a clean install of Panther on the new hd in the machine and kept old os and files on external. Do you have to use the os that's on the old hd because you don't have the cds?

ookxtreme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Yes... Don't have the old OS discs.. but i upgraded to tiger last weekend

I heard there was a way to transfer everything... but i can't find anyone now that knows about how to do that.....

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
ok

head over to mike bombmich website and download carbon copy cloner saved my life many times it duplicates ur hd to be bootable on any hd you attch to ur machine via firewire

ookxtreme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Wow Thanx i'll do that!! GREAT FORUM!!!

Gokhan said:
head over to mike bombmich website and download carbon copy cloner saved my life many times it duplicates ur hd to be bootable on any hd you attch to ur machine via firewire

Wow Thanx i'll do that!! GREAT FORUM!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.