Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
Hey guys... I searched around a bit but didn't find what I was looking for so I thought I'd start a new thread on this.

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction regarding replacing my hard drive in my Hi Res 17" PowerBook. How large of hard drives will the computer support? Are they hard to swipe out?

What I'm looking to do is replace the 120gb hard drive in it with a larger hard drive, if possible. The only real hardware upgrading I've done with my PowerBook is the RAM... so I don't have a whole lot of experience with it. I have upgraded my PC numerous times though (including hard drive, zip drive, video card, etc.)

So if someone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great. I'm just hoping to find a larger hard drive somewhere (I'll probably order one online if I can find a decent deal), copy everything from my current hard drive over to it, and replace my current hard drive with it.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.