Upgrading to 6.0.1 Verizon iP5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BBtoIP5, Nov 10, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I just received my Iphone 5 from Verizon, and I upgraded to 6.0.1. It still waiting to activate. How long does activation take?

2. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

as in it says searching or no service?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

It says it's "Waiting for Activation. This may take some time" And I have no service. I should also point out that I'm not in the US right now.

4. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Well it's either you or them. Since you're not in the US it's probably you. It might be looking for a cell tower to connect to.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Even though I'm connected to WIFI and Itunes right now?

6. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

well you can call Verizon but I'm not sure its their fault, took my phone like 5 minutes to get activated in the apple store when I got a replacement, well I'm not sure the whole process was 5 minutes but he took my phone in the back to run some tests and about 5 minutes later he was out with a new phone at the activation screen with the phone being connected to LTE,
    speaking of LTE I hate how every iPhone is automatically connected to the strongest network when you first set it up lol. Good ol iPhone 3G days, when it was like the second coming of christ to be connected to 3G.

7. macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well it's probably not activating because you're not within the US. It activates over the network, not WiFi i think

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the Verizon rep just told me that I cant activate the phone outside of the US. But that can't be true, because I activated the phone right out of the box while I was outside the US too.

9. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

didn't you just say it wasn't activated

10. macrumors 6502a

this guy.

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

This is so confusing. You guys are right it was never activated. I only received the non activation message after I did the upgrade. But it was never activated in the first place.

Will I have to call Verizon to put roaming services on to activate it?

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

I just bought a local sim card here and put it in the phone. Its now activated :)

Thanks for your help guys.