Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FaulknerM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2008
For Christmas im getting a new old macbook(white), this is my first Mac and im really excited. Just one thing though, i think that the polycarb mac feels cheap and having used an aluminum one at the apple store today i fell in love with it. Is there anyway i can get apple to give me an aluminum one in exchange for the white one, i have been reading stories of certain people putting up a fuss over their machine and them getting an aluminum instead a replacement whitebook.

thanks,

Solemony

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2008
Wonderland
For Christmas im getting a new old macbook(white), this is my first Mac and im really excited. Just one thing though, i think that the polycarb mac feels cheap and having used an aluminum one at the apple store today i fell in love with it. Is there anyway i can get apple to give me an aluminum one in exchange for the white one, i have been reading stories of certain people putting up a fuss over their machine and them getting an aluminum instead a replacement whitebook.

thanks,

Well if your White MB is still under the 14 day when you got it. You can return the product to exchange for the aluminum one and you may have to pay some extra cash since the White MB's price is lower now. And I'm pretty sure you can do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.