Upgrading to Mac OS X Lion.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by GruXx, Mar 14, 2011.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Mar 13, 2011
    Right now i have a "24 iMac running Leopard (10.5.8) I never upgraded to Snow Leopard. So i was curious if it will be cheaper to upgrade to Snow Leopard for $30 and then upgrade to Lion once it comes out. I may be wrong but i thought that i heard or read somewhere that it is cheaper to upgrade from the next recent OS (ex. Leopard > Snow Leopard or Snow Leopard > Lion) rather than skipping one (ex. Leopard > Lion). Any ideas??

    Thanks in advance
  2. macrumors 603

    Sep 19, 2003
  3. macrumors regular

    Sep 17, 2010
    Ask one of your friends if you can borrow their snow leopard disc. Otherwise, just wait until Lion this summer. I have the beta, and it's a pretty nice upgrade.
  4. macrumors 6502a


    Apr 14, 2007
    The cheap Leopard to Snow Leopard update is actually the first time this has been the case. We don't yet know if it is a new strategy from Apple or just a one time thing because Snow Leopard didn't sport that many new features.

    My recommendation is "Wait and see".

    If the OP had intended to obtain it illegally I don't think the thread would've been posted at all. ;)
  5. macrumors 6502

    Oct 30, 2010
    Lion may be sold in Mac App Store and so far we observed that Apple sells its softwares cheaper on MAS (such as Aperture, $79 on App Store but $199 on stores and Apple Remote Desktop again $79 on app store but $499 on stores (I don't know if they are exact same versions but App Store says it is unlimited edition) - huge gaps)

    We don't and can't know if it will be cheaper to buy snow leopard first, but I don't think so :) (yeah, I know this is a contradiction to my first paragraph but I read so much articles like that in last 2-3 days :D)

Share This Page