Upgrading to MBP??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 5spoke, Mar 23, 2007.

1. 5spoke macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2007
    Hey I have a white core duo 2.0 GHz macbook that I bought about 7 months ago. At the time I really didnt feel like spending the money to get the MBP because I didnt realize some of the differences. Now I really wish I would have invested in one, a few of my mac friends here at my college have them so I have had some experience using them.

What I was wondering is does apple have any type of buy back/ upgrade type of service?

I am really considering upgrading. I like the bigger screen for one because i usually have more than one thing going on at once. Also I am in college and I usually stay uplate to do work, this is bad because my roommate has a different schedual than I so I am sitting in the dark for most of the night trying to study/do hw and I would really like that light up keyboard. Also Im getting tired of constantly cleaning up my white macbook, it seems if anything touches it its gets so dirty. There are other features I like but these are the majors perks to owning one.

Anyway what do you think my options are? Selling mine and buying a MBP or if apple has a buy back thing. I am just curious.
  2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I don't believe that Apple has a buyback program, so you'll probably have to sell it on a place like ebay. Ebay will probably net you the most from the MacBook, as people there are as well informed of upgrades to the computers and will probably pay more.
  3. tristan macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2003
    high-rise in beautiful bethesda
    According to the Buyer's Guide here on MacRumors, the MBP is nearing the end of the product cycle, so you may want to wait for an update. (150 days vs 182 days average.) Then yeah, you sell your MB. I bet a lot of people at your school would be interested, macs are still somewhat rare, you just need to find some free places to post.
  4. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2006
    i'd wait a little for santa rosa, leopard, and a redesigned MBP.