Upload buddy list to iChat....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macsrockmysocks, May 14, 2006.

1. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

I just made a new screenname for AIM, but all of my contacts are stored in my other screenname. Is there anyway that I can save my buddies into a file and upload them like on AIM for Windows??:confused:

2. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Why don't you just use your other screenname? :confused:

3. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

Would you like to use evilfuzzysqrl anymore?:) :p :rolleyes:

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If there's a way to do this in AIM for Windows, have you tried downloading AIM for MacOS from AOL? Normally, I wouldn't see any compelling reason to use it, but in this case....

The only other thing I can think of is to use iChatAV, make sure it's set to put your buddies in your Address Book, and then log in with one, and then the other account, and do the option to add buddies from Address Book?

5. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I have tried AIM for Mac, used it, looked at it, and it did not match everything I used. It was plain ugly. I am doing the address thing now.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, use it to transfer your buddy list, and then go back to another piece of software...or...erm... now I don't remember. Does AIM store the buddy list on the client, or on the server? I know MSN does the latter.

7. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

You save the enitre buddy list to the desktop, then you go into your new account, its something like File>Upload buddy list, then you upload it. So what you are saying is to download AIM and do it then just get rid of it?

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I'm not sure it'll work. :eek: But don't give up. Don't let the evil, fuzzy squirrels win, my friend! :eek: ;) :eek:

9. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it worked!!!! Thanks