Upload documents from iPad to a website.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by greythorne, Oct 2, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10)

Hello all,

As per title is it possible to upload documents say CV, transcript etc to a job application site?

I tried but the upload button is grayed out, this means in iPad you WILL never be able to upload? Anyone can help on this as using iPad has become a mainstream device for me and I have been using my MacBook pro less!

Thank you.

2. macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

It can't do it now.
    Will it be able to in the future? I believe so, but it's impossible to say in what timeline. It would take some significant changes in iOS and I doubt those are in Apple's priority list for now.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10)

Oh too bad. If that's the case then what is the use of the iPad? I am discovering how limited the iPad is now! Hmmm maybe the iPad is for Apple to make money off us consumers otherwise it's a great tablet......

Wonder if iOS 5 will help on this aspect is beyond me!

4. macrumors 68000

VPrime

Icab mobile has tis ability... But I noticed it didn't work for all sites.

5. macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

This really is something that needs addressing.

It is tantamount to a fault with the operating system and needs to be sorted out.

Will it be rectified in ios5?

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Some basic functionality is missing in the iPad this makes the iPad limited in it's use. Well just wait and see what iOS5 brings. We can't possibly be buying every single app just to make up for the iPad's shortcomings!!

7. macrumors 68040

Everyone has different uses... if it doesn't support your needs then don't waste your money buying it.