Upload errors on previously good site

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mongohumor, Mar 9, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 5, 2008
    This is frustrating:

My family website worked fine before, now when I try to upload the same content to MobileMe, I get this:

Publish Error
    An error occurred while publishing file “/private/var/folders/X5/X5YqsbE82RWhxU+8ZPF5f++++TI/TemporaryItems/com.apple.iWeb_13866_TEMP_289842654_2/sites/azwed/Vermont_files/rss.xml”. Try publishing again later.[/I]

I worked with Apple for a couple of hours, with no fix. We created and uploaded a dummy website and that worked. Even deleted the files supposedly causing the error. No matter, another file causes the same error. It's almost like a timeout. This very same content worked fine before.

Any ideas?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2008
    USA (Virginia)
    I had what was apparently the same error for the longest time. I'm using iWeb '08. I found that turning off "comments" and "subscribe" on my photo pages (I had no blog pages) would allow me to publish without an error.

After much googling, I found out that changing my MobileMe password fixed the problem (even with the comment feature turned on). My password had been long (like 32 characters!) and ended with a period, both of which violated the guidelines here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24721

Did your problem start after changing your password or turning on the comments feature?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 5, 2008
    Fixed it!

Apparently the CNAME for my domain was web.mac.com and should have been web.me.com.

It would be a cheap shot to go into Apple's logic of moving from mac to me...so I won't.

Thanks for the reply!