Upload files using Dreamweaver FTP through Airport?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Applespider, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I need to update my website (in Dreamweaver) through FTP.

I've put in the appropriate FTP details but Dreamweaver tells me that my log-in is incorrect. When I go to the web-based account support, I can log in fine using the same details.

I'm connecting to the web using an ADSL modem and an Airport which seems to be working fine. I've turned on FTP sharing in the Sharing folder.

Do I need to open any ports on the Airport to make this work? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

2. OmegachiQ macrumors newbie

Not sure what the issue is, but I don't believe it's the Airport at all. My trouble with Dreamweaver is not related to FTP at all - I also connect using the Airport Extreme Base Station and Card, and I never had to change any settings on it. Have you tried a program like Fetch just to be sure it the problem is or is not the software? If you are in education (faculty or student), Fetch Softworks will license you a copy for free. Can't hurt to check it out; meanwhile, I'll bet someone more qualified to answer will get back to you on this one.

3. arsbanned macrumors newbie

Yeah, if it was Airport you would not be able to access your Web FTP either.
    If your domain is a sub-domain, you'll need to adjust your FTP login to reflect that. For instance, your login might look something like, ftp.hosting.theirserver.com, then your username then your password.
    If it's a full domain -www.yoursite.com- then you have a mistake in your login routine.

4. Applespider thread starter macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It was the Airport because I then discovered that Transmit wouldn't work either.

After playing around with multiple settings over a few days, it did start working - although doing it from Transmit since it seems faster.

Thanks for the replies - better late than never I guess! ;)

5. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

its odd you had any issues at all. any ethernet data send should work on any working ethernet. wireless or not.

6. arsbanned macrumors newbie

:D

Sorry, I just joined.

7. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Unless you went to great lengths to monkey around with your Airport settings before using ftp it can't be Airport. All Airport does is act like a cable. If you can connect at all, Airport is working.

8. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

exactly