Uploaded iTunes Match Songs Inaccessible for Some Users

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 3, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Some iTunes Match users are encountering difficulties when attempting to download songs they have previously uploaded to iTunes Match. Matched songs appear unaffected for most users. Threads on both the MacRumors Forums and the Apple Support Communities detail the issues.

[​IMG]

The Verge confirms that the issue occurs in both iTunes 10.5.2 and 10.5.3, and on both Snow Leopard and Lion.

There has been no word from Apple about the outage and the iCloud System Status page does not reflect any current issues.

This isn't the first issue that Apple has run into with iTunes Match in recent days. Apple is reportedly investigating a problem with songs with explicit lyrics being converted from "explicit" to "clean" after being matched.

Article Link: Uploaded iTunes Match Songs Inaccessible for Some Users

2. macrumors member

I've also been noticing this problem today with 10.5.3 running on Windows 7 at work.

3. macrumors P6

Peace

Having the same problem.

This combined with the whacky genius on the Apple TV tells me the engineers are making some changes to iCloud.

Kinda weird because it works fine on my IOS devices.

4. macrumors regular

Hope they fix this soon. I've got thousands of songs that are inaccessible on my laptop and I go traveling in a few days.

Unfortunately for me, this happened just after I wiped my macbook of all songs and iTunes settings because Match was being such a pain in the ass.

Then when I turned match back on, none of the "uploaded" songs would download.

I wonder if Apple is aware of the extent of this.

5. macrumors 6502a

No problem here on my MBA in Canada.

6. macrumors 6502a

This is a Windows problem only.

Buy a Mac.

7. macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I was about to subscribe tonight, perhaps I should wait.

Although, if I did upload all my stuff, I would always keep a copy at home.

;)

----------

Interesting claim, any source? :rolleyes:

8. macrumors 68030

verwon

That's why the details say Snow Leoard and Lion?

9. macrumors 6502a

No source. Just basic common knowledge: If it's an Apple product and it doesn't just work blame Windows.

10. macrumors 68030

wonderspark

iTunes Match also replaces album versions of songs with live concert recordings... not just swapping clean and explicit versions. It's really annoying.

I should add that it's happening only on my Mac and iPhone, so wrong answer about "windows problem" excuse.

11. macrumors 6502

not the sharpest week for apple :D

12. macrumors 65816

Morod

Why?

Apple does great with hardware and software.
    Why do they have so much trouble with internet-based features?
    Doesn't make sense....

13. macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    So basically the source was "your ass"... :rolleyes:

Nobody is dragging windows into this except you. :confused:

14. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

There's also the issue with iTunes match turning the last 15 seconds of about 10% of my matched songs to silence. I'm not the only one. No one is talking about that?

15. macrumors 6502a

If it's happening on Macs also then the issue is probably with Microsoft Azure. Apple uses that for iCloud.

16. macrumors 603

Rocketman

Apple is having a variety of issues recently. Besides being QC issues, I feel they are caused by evolving the OS itself beyond what current customers need and want as a means to be forward leaning toward a future OSX/iOS convergence.

I have a suggestion for Apple. Don't forsake even "old" customers with 2-3 year old hardware. just because something is beyond the 1 year warranty period or the 2-3 year Apple Care period, does NOT mean you should stop supporting it.

Apple hardware lasts longer and is in service longer than comparable Wintel stuff precisely because the OS is efficient. As such, please support systems 7 years old or more for "compatibility, services, and security" and only limit your other support for features and hardware compatibility.

Breaking Apple TV, Rosetta, and even basic Snow Leopard software updates is only a symptom to a much larger problem.

Heck, why not issue an update for G4 that fully adopts iBooks, iTunes U, and other content focused services.

Rocketman

17. macrumors G4

daneoni

...and the glitches just keep coming and coming.

18. macrumors 65816

Swift

Sorry

My iTunes Match works perfectly -- it used to stop too often when downloading/streaming, it would quit after it played the first song. I changed to the Genius Mix, and everything is perfect.

As usual, things in the cloud are more individualized.

19. macrumors G4

*LTD*

Now and then it happens even to the best. But even Apple's worst imperfections are something others would give an arm and a leg (or a bad Android tablet) for.

20. macrumors 65816

Swift

My iMac is 3 years old, and it loves Lion. You mean older.

Five year-old machines were made in 2007. My old Macmini is that old. All the machines weren't 64 bit then. A 32-bit machine can't fully use Lion, and that's the truth.

On the other hand, Windows will run on anything, but who cares?

21. macrumors 68030

wonderspark

So far, no problems on my Android streaming Audiogalaxy. Maybe those glitches are on the road ahead somewhere.

22. macrumors 6502a

Wrong forum?

23. macrumors 6502a

I miss SJ

24. macrumors member

i absolutely HATE the fact that I cannot upload new music direct to my iPhone without first going through itunes match. It is such a pain. Apple needs to fix this NOW.

25. macrumors regular

Uhm, no it isn't. Check out Apples Forums. LOTS of Mac users are affected.