Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
Does anyone know of a FREE and EASY web host that will let me upload an iWeb site. If this is possible, please go into detailed instructions because I am know to websites.

huck500

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
Southern California
Any web host will "allow" you to upload an iWeb site, in that you can save your iWeb site as a folder. The only place you can auto-publish (as far as I know) is .mac.

In iWeb, go to File --> Publish to a Folder...

Then you can upload the site to any host you want.

As far as free hosting, that's another thread...

huck500

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
Southern California
I think it depends on the host you use...the two types I've used allow you to use an FTP application like Fetch to upload, or they have a web-based system that lets you choose files and upload them through their website. The FTP works much better in my experience.

Here's a PDF guide to using Fetch to upload a website.

Fetch PDF

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
jamescwarren said:
thanks kingjr3 but how do i exactly become a member so I can upload???

That would be through the Contact page. Except that they're not taking any new members.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
jamescwarren said:
thanks kingjr3 but how do i exactly become a member so I can upload???

Have you met Democrat622?

Since WildCowboy did the work for you, I guess you'll have to look elsewhere or try to PM AmbitiousLemon...

ArtKnifeGallery

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
Clients Computers Freeze

Hello Everyone,

Believe it or not, I couldn't locate a place to post my question. Sorry about jumping in here. My clients visiting my site have called me to say they cannot continue to visit or browse my site due to their computers freezing up when at my site. Any suggestions?
http://www.ArtKnifeGallery.com
I built the site using i-web.
Thank you. Gio~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.